Collection and Use of Information In general, you can visit our Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. In order to better provide you with numerous products and services, our Site collects two types of information about its visitors: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
1. Non-Personally Identifiable Information When you visit our Site, we may collect some basic Non-Personally Identifiable Information about you. This information may include information regarding your operating system, browser software, and IP (Internet Protocol) address. Non-Personally Identifiable Information is collected in order to provide you with satisfactory service. We may use the information to detect problems with our server and to administer our Site. In addition, Non-Personally Identifiable Information is compiled by us and analyzed on an aggregate basis.
2. Personally Identifiable Information When you place an order or enter a sweepstakes or promotion, we request that you send us Personally Identifiable Information. This information lets us know the specifics of who you are and can be used to identify, contact or locate you. Personally Identifiable Information may consist of: your name, address, telephone number, email address, birth date, billing information (credit card number, expiration date and billing address), occasion type (Valentine's Day, etc.), products purchased, any relevant promotion code and information (for example, reward program account information) and the gift and message recipient's name, address, telephone number, email address and any other information you may provide us ("Personally Identifiable Information" ). We use Personally Identifiable Information for internal purposes, such as confirming and tracking your order, subscription or registration, analyzing trends and statistics, informing you of our new products, services and offers. Personally Identifiable Information is compiled by us and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis.
To serve you better, we may combine Personally Identifiable Information you give us online or through our catalogs. We may also combine that information with publicly available information about you that we may receive from third parties. We use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about our products and for other promotional purposes. We may contract with third-party companies or persons to provide certain services including credit card processing, distribution, data management, promotional services, etc. ("Service Providers"). We provide our Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. We also ask our Service Providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours.
3. Placing a Sample Order or Request When you place an order or make a request, we require you to provide us with Personal Information. We use this information to give you a customized experience and to process the orders that you place with us. For your convenience, personal information you provide to us online to set up your Personal Account is automatically saved and stored by us. This includes information such as your mailing address, email address, telephone number(s), fax number(s) and other fulfillment information.
5. Sweepstakes & Contest When you participate in sweepstakes, contests, and promotions sponsored by The Teachers' Lounge, we use the Personal Information provided to qualify your entry and to contact you, should you come up a winner.
6. Surveys and Research In an effort to improve our Site and services, we occasionally request that some customers and recipients voluntarily complete surveys, which may be collected by an independent third party or by The Teachers' Lounge. Individual survey answers are confidential, although non-personal information may be collected and disclosed to third parties. If you do not wish to participate in a survey, simply decline to participate when asked.
7. Interactive Tools We use your contact information so that you may take full advantage of our interactive tools and services. You may view, edit or opt out of these additional services at anytime.
8. Mergers and Acquisitions In the event of a merger, consolidation, or sale or transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of The Teachers' Lounge or its direct or indirect parent company(ies), one of the assets which would generally be transferred to the purchasing or new entity is the information we collect from our customers and store in our customer database. However, the use of this information by any purchasing or surviving entity would be governed by the terms of this Policy, as amended from time to time, including any amendment after such transaction. You, of course, will continue to have the right to opt-out of sharing your information with third parties.
9. Cooperation with Law Enforcement We will disclose Personally Identifiable Information, after subpoena or written request, to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.